The Black Rook of the Aniverse Hellfire Club
Fighting Incredible 40
Agility Excellent 20 +1 Def H2H
Strength Good 10 +1 Dam H2H
Endurance Amazing 50
Reason Excellent 20
Intuition Remarkable 30 +2 Init
Psyche Incredible 40
Real Name: Raven Darkholme
Other Aliases: Mystique, many others
Movement: 3 areas/turn
Gypsy Magic: Raven’s mastery of magic is at Good level unless otherwise stated among his powers below:
• Animate Objects: Ex power.
• Eldritch Bolts: Good 10 energy or force (4 area range).
• Eldritch Shield: Good 10 shield vs. physical, energy and magic attacks.
• Every use of Rook’s powers (at Typical level or over) require him to make an Psyche FEAT roll. Failure indicates a loss of 10 Karma. Once below 20 Karma, he begins to lose mental acuity (1-33% Reason, 34-66% Int, 66-100% Psy). These can only be restored with complete rest.
> Shapechanging: Unearthly. Mystique can psionically alter the formation of his biological cells at will. As a result he can cause himself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of either sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. His control is so exact that he can precisely duplicate another person’s retina pattern in his own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on his own hands and skin, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voiceprints. While he can make himself look exactly like a person who is physically bigger than himself, he will not weigh as much as the real person does. Although he can maintain the form of a person of his height, weight, and build indefinitely, the longer that he maintains the form of a person physically bigger than himself, the greater the strain he feels. Mystique can enhance natural abilities in himself such as his strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses. He gains the physical powers of the form he assumes and can increase his physical stats up to +1CS.
• Retarded Aging: His metamorphic powers have retarded the degenerative effects of his aging process. He is over one hundred years old.
• Limited Healing: AM 50. Mystique’s nature allows him to repair and regenerate himself from minor to near death injuries in a short span of time, much faster than an ordinary human. He is also able to develop resistance and immunities to toxins and diseases. He can heal 50 Health immediately once a day
• Psychic Defense: AM 50—Mystique’s nature also provides him with a natural defense against telepathic intrusion. Equipment
> Psionic scrambler: Monstrous Resistance vs. Psionics, Mental Probes and Telepathy
Limitation: An implanted device forces him to make an Endurance FEAT or pass out when he mimics a person whose genetic pattern is programmed in the device (right now, the Black King and Queen). Also, Mystique is losing control of his personality. If he takes the form of another person, he must make a Psyche FEAT or comes to believe he is that person.
Talents: Acting, Marksman, Melee Weapons, Guns, Martial Arts B and C, Leadership, Detective/Espionage, Military, Resist Domination, Strategy, Terrorist Psychology
Contacts: Hellfire Club – Black Court, X-Factor
IMAGE: The Black Rook appears at first to be a rather dapper-looking Victorian gentleman, although there is definitely something off about his gaze. Oddly enough, on closer inspection he appears to be wearing circlets of straw around and under his hat.